Last week we celebrated our little mans 2nd Birthday, I have no idea where those two years went! We had two parties one for family and one for his toddler friends and their parents, mainly due to space restrictions at our house. Before hand I spent a lot of time researching party ideas and tips for toddlers so thought instead of sharing loads of birthday pictures, I would share my favourite ideas for hosting a toddler birthday party.
1. Pack away the majority of your child’s toys and just keep out some select larger items that don’t have lots of loose parts. Everything is more stressful when there are Lego and jigsaw pieces strewen around the house!
2. If you are decorating with balloons make sure you have a good amount of balloons left loose on the floor for the kids to play with, otherwise you will end up having to take down your decorations so the kids can play.
3. To save time, money and effort don’t do a huge variety of party food, pick one or two really tasty but simple dishes. For one party we did pulled pork and stuffing in rolls and for the other we did chicken fajitas.
4. For toddlers you don’t need a whole load of party games as the kids will lose interest, instead just have different types of play that you can introduce through out the party. We had free play indoors as people arrived, playing with balloons, playing with bubbles and then playing in the garden.
5. Time your party around your toddlers nap, we had an early afternoon party as Jake naps in the morning. We then had a good hour to get everything ready while he was asleep and a happy, rested toddler come party time.