I’m not going to push myself to far with my September goals as I do have a lot of things going on at the moment and have been quite tired, so its best to know my limits in advance. But here they are none the less:
1) Get back into a blogging schedule. I don’t mind if my blog rate slows as long as I am able to produce quality and consistent posts with some sort of regularity. Whilst constantly reminding myself that blogging is my hobby and not my job!
2) Get some quotes in for our back garden fence.
3) Stay on top of the housework by actually following the schedule I made for us.
4) Sign up for the next term of baby signing classes. This will probably be Jake’s last term as he is starting to pick up some words now, but I really like the classes and having a bit of structure in our week.
5) Continue decluttering and organizing the house.
I’d like to think that these five things should be very achievable within the next four weeks. Having the goals written down always seams to help motivate me so I’ll let you know next month how I get on.
Firstly, an apology. I have been away from my blog for some time with no warning or explanation, this wasn’t the right thing to do and I am genuinely sorry. I hope that I haven’t truly let myself and the blog down and that in time I can regain the trust of my readers.
Blogging for me is a hobby and past time and will always come second place to my family and other responsibilities. Therefore it was right for me to take some time away from the blog to focus on other areas of my life (some aspects of which may be revealed shortly). However I should have handled this time away better as opposed to simply disappearing.
The good news is that the time away from my blog has helped me realise that I do enjoy blogging and I think it is good for me. As long as I keep it as a hobby and don’t put too much pressure on myself to try to keep up with the other amazing blogs that I follow. It has also given me plenty of time to reflect on the direction of the blog and think up some future content.
You may see the direction of the blog changing slightly in the coming months. I will continue to be a mummy blogger and blog about all things family life but I would like to expand a little and focus on the other area of my life which is being a housewife and looking after our home. Therefore I am hoping to increase the number of posts that I do on things such as housekeeping, design, organizing, gardening, cooking and baking etc. None of these things I am an expert in but I am looking forward to developing these skills.