Being a mum is hard, tiring work FACT! So any little tips and tricks that can help me get through a day of looking after a little one, and running a household, as well as trying to make sure you and your child don’t look like hobo’s are more then welcome to me. The things that I have found that help make my life that tiny bit easier are listed below. I’d love to hear any other tips that people may suggest?
1) Dry shampoo is my best friend. I don’t really think I need to say any more then this, but this stuff I amazing for those days when you just don’t have the time or energy to do your hair properly.
2) Night cream. After I had Jake I started using a night cream before bed, it really has helped stop my skin drying out or looking too washed out when I am so tired. Even if I don’t have time to do much by the way of make up, I always feel better knowing that I at least have well nourished healthy skin.
3) Use a travel cot as a play pen. Now that Jake is on the move, he is every where as quick as a flash and can not be left unattended for even a minute. Taking my child to the toilet with me is not something I enjoy, so being able to put him in his “play pen” with some different toys for a few minutes here and there is a godsend. We keep ours in the kitchen as then Jake can watch me cooking dinner which is usually the longest time that I am unable to give him my full attention for.
4) Triple up on the changing stations. By this I mean we have a full set up of changing mat, nappies, wipes, bags, and talc both upstairs and downstairs, and a set always packed away in our changing bag. This stops us going all around the house to change a nappy and makes sure we can grab the changing bag without having to check its contents every time we leave the house. This is simple to set up and makes life a lot easier!
5) Get organized – This is an ongoing project for me, adding organization such as storage boxes, baskets, racks and labels to me life. Everything does seam a lot easier when I know where everything is and when the house looks tidy.
There are loads of great tips for organization and simple life tips that are on pinterest, I’m currently working o putting these all in one board and will share the link when I’m finished!